Jehovah gives dominion to the king.
A Psalm of David.
110 Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,
Until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2 Jehovah will [a]send forth the [b]rod of thy strength out of Zion:
Rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
3 Thy people [c]offer themselves willingly
In the day of thy [d]power, [e]in holy array:
Out of the womb of the morning
[f]Thou hast the dew of thy youth.
4 Jehovah hath sworn, and will not repent:
Thou art a priest for ever
After the [g]order of Melchizedek.
5 The Lord at thy right hand
[h]Will strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
6 He will judge among the nations,
[i]He [j]will fill the places with dead bodies;
He [k]will strike through the head [l]in many countries.
7 He will drink of the brook in the way:
Therefore will he lift up the head.
- Psalm 110:2 Or, stretch
- Psalm 110:2 Or, sceptre
- Psalm 110:3 Hebrew are freewill-offerings.
- Psalm 110:3 Or, army
- Psalm 110:3 Or, in the beauty of holiness
- Psalm 110:3 Or, Thy youth are to thee as the dew
- Psalm 110:4 Or, manner
- Psalm 110:5 Or, Hath stricken
- Psalm 110:6 Or, The places are full of etc.
- Psalm 110:6 Or, hath filled
- Psalm 110:6 Or, Hath stricken
- Psalm 110:6 Or, over a wide land